Wednesday 22 May 2013

Evaluation

1. What are the strengths of your alternative CV?
My alternative CV is unique and also is very clear to read. I think that where I have used different cards for different bits of information, this works well as it will be easier for people to understand. Also, I have used the same design on each of my cards which makes them look effective as the design is colourful and therefore will be eye-catching and attract an audience.

2. Why is your alternative CV suitable for the industry?
My CV is suitable for the industry because I used PhotoShop to create the cards. PhotoShop is a big part of the media industry as it is often used for magazines and newspapers. I also think it would be suitable because I have included images as well as font and used skills that I have learnt in Graphics and Journalism.

3. What are the possible weaknesses of your CV?
I think something that makes my CV weak is that playing cards have been done before. The idea for the CV was unique but playing cards are not an original idea. I also think that other alternative CV's would be more eye-catching than mine, for example, if someone made a 3D CV, then the audience are more likely to view this CV than mine. Also, a company would be more interested in the 3D design than in the playing card design.

4. If you were to complete a second CV, what changes would you make and why?
I would probably change my idea if I was going to make another alternative CV. I am happy with my idea but if I were to change it, I would probably make it more creative. For example, I would probably create my designs by hand as I would enjoy this a lot more than creating it on the computer. I also would be more free when creating the CV by hand and would be able to try out different designs as i would feel more confident than when I was on PhotoShop.

No comments:

Post a Comment